Completely You Editorial Policy
Welcome to Completely You!
Completely You is an all-in-one resource that inspires men and women to achieve a healthier and happier today and tomorrow. It offers need-to-know health updates, daily shortcuts and unique ideas for setting better habits. In this way, the program enables users to attain a variety of results -- from better health to increased confidence and life balance -- so they can spend less time worrying and more time doing what they love.
- Nancy Kalish is the managing editor of Completely You. She is a certified health coach, and an editor and writer with more than 20 years of experience. She has covered health, nutrition and oral health for Prevention, Health, SELF, Real Simple, The New York Times and more. Her TV and radio appearances include the “TODAY” show, the “CBS Evening News” and “Good Day New York.”
- Natalia Macrynikola is a group editor at Studio One Networks. She writes and edits for a broad range of editorial programs, ensuring quality in content and style.
- Mark Burhenne is a family and cosmetic dentist in Sunnyvale, Calif., and an award-winning blogger (AskTheDentist). He has written numerous articles on oral health, volunteered as a dental surgeon in Nigeria and raised three daughters who haven’t had one cavity.
- Jenna McCarthy has covered nutrition, fitness and health for a variety of national publications, including Allure, Men’s Fitness, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Ladies’ Home Journal, Real Simple, SELF and SHAPE. She is the author of The Parent Trip: From High Heels and Parties to Highchairs and Potties.
- Sally Wadyka specializes in health, nutrition, fitness and beauty. A former staff writer and editor at such publications as Mademoiselle, Women’s Sports & Fitness, Vogue and Glamour, her work has appeared in The New York Times, Cookie, Prevention, Martha Stewart Living, Runner’s World, Real Simple and more.
- Denise Foley is Completely You’s “Health News You Can Use” blogger. The former editor at large for Prevention magazine has been covering health for more than 20 years. She helped launch the Mayo Clinic’s successful newsletter, “Women’s HealthSource,” and has written several books, including Unequal Treatment, the first book to examine how and why women were left out of medical studies.
- Derek Beres pens Completely You’s “Getting Unstuck” blog. He is a California-based journalist, yoga instructor and DJ/music producer. When he’s not writing about health and music (for Women’s Health, Yoga Journal, Departures and other publications), he’s teaching yoga at Equinox and Yogis Anonymous. He is also one-half of the music production team EarthRise SoundSystem.
- Elena Donovan Mauer is Completely You’s blogger for “It’s a Beautiful Life.” The New York City–based writer and editor has written about lifestyle and relationships for SELF, Everyday Health and iVillage. She’s also the deputy editor at TheBump.com.
- Karen Cicero writes the “Need to Know” blog for Completely You. A health and nutrition writer and editor with more than 15 years of experience, she has written health articles for such national publications as Prevention, SHAPE, Health, Fitness, SELF and Cooking Light. She has also edited the dental column for Heart & Soul magazine and is the co-author of Kitchen Counter Cures.
- Winnie Yu is Completely You’s “The Mom Manual” blogger. Her work has appeared in numerous national publications (Woman’s Day, AARP Bulletin, Prevention, VIVMag, Diabetic Living, WebMD and more), and she has written seven books, including The American Academy of Pediatrics New Mother’s Guide to Breastfeeding, What to Eat for What Ails You and The Everything Health Guide to Thyroid Disease. She lives in New York City and has two daughters.
The information published on this program is produced independently by Studio One Networks or has been approved by the program’s managing editor after review. Content is written and edited by leading experts to ensure that only the most accurate information is published.
Studio One Networks follows accepted journalistic quality standards and principles in source selection and fact verification, and endorses ASME’s “ASME Guidelines for Editors and Publishers,” including “Best Practices for Digital Media.”
Studio One Networks does not mention the name or specific products of a given sponsor, although that sponsor’s product categories may be mentioned if they are relevant within editorial context.
Unless indicated, content contributors are not employed by or on retainer by the program’s sponsor. If a contributor is employed by or on retainer by the program’s sponsor, we agree to disclose this relationship in the biographical note on the page where that contributor appears.
In a Studio One program, you will see that some of our content, tools and links are labeled “From Our Sponsor”. This non-editorial content has not been reviewed by our editorial staff and is not subject to this editorial policy.
In such case that content be used on a sponsor’s Web site, it is done so with Studio One Networks permission.
Information provided by Completely You should not be used as a substitute for professional health care. You should always consult your health professional before acting on any information seen here (or any other Web site).
About Studio One Networks
Studio One Networks is a privately owned media company that works with nationally known subject matter experts and top editors to create high-quality independent editorial content supported by corporate sponsors and syndicated across a variety of leading multimedia platforms.
For more information, visit StudioOneNetworks.com
Back to Home Page